Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Moving the docker version from one linux server to another

Questions/problems on Docker

Moving the docker version from one linux server to another

Postby kyvanc » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:13 pm

Dear all,
First thanks for the great product and second thanks for the docker containers, making the installation easier. I need help

I've been trying to move one installation from a linux machine to another one. I read everything I could find on the topic (all of which were related to backup, upgrades and migrating between linux and docker versions actually, no mention of moving). What I did was, first start the containers by linking them and mounting relevant folders:
sudo docker run -i -t -d --name onlyoffice-document-server onlyoffice/documentserver
sudo docker run --privileged -i -t -d --name onlyoffice-mail-server -p 25:25 -p 143:143 -p 587:587 onlyoffice/mailserver
sudo docker run -i -t -d --name onlyoffice-community-server -p 8081:80 -p 5222:5222 -p 443:443 \
--link onlyoffice-mail-server:mail_server \
--link onlyoffice-document-server:document_server \
-v /opt/onlyoffice/Logs:/var/log/onlyoffice \
-v /opt/onlyoffice/Data:/var/www/onlyoffice/Data \
-v /opt/onlyoffice/MySQL:/var/lib/mysql onlyoffice/communityserver

Then I made any changes (actually used onlyoffice to create projects and documents).

Then, to avoid loss of files and facilitate easier transfer, I compressed the folder /opt/onyloffice
cd /opt/
7zr a -t7z -m0=lzma -mx=9 -mfb=64 -md=32m -ms=on only.7z onlyoffice
(although I also tried without compression)

I moved the archive file to new machine and extracted it under /opt/

Checked to ensure all files and folders were there (they were)

Then I started the containers with exact same commands I shared above.

New installation works fine, I can access projects, CRM, calendar etc. The documents module also shows up but when I try to edit a file from the original installation I get an error (couldn't load). When I try to create a new document, I get the same error. So practically, the documents module is only a file manager, the editor is not working.

What can I do to get the editor working?

ps: I tried to post but my message didn't show so, if this is a duplicate may an @admin remove it please?
kyvanc

Re: Moving the docker version from one linux server to anoth

Postby Dean » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:35 am

Hello,

Does the problem appear with created files only or you can neither create any of the new files?
Is there any error appearing in the console of the browser?
Dean

Postby kyvanc » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:40 pm

I can neither modify old files nor create new ones. Actually, new files are created but I can't edit them. I think, the office implementation is not working. I haven't seen any messages in the console as far as I can remember.
kyvanc

Postby Dean » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:24 pm

Could you please check if the Document Server container is started or not? Cause it looks like it is not.

check it by

Code: Select all
sudo docker ps

and start it, if it is not started, by

Code: Select all
sudo docker start onlyoffice-document-server
Dean

Postby kyvanc » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:43 pm

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to check "notify me when a reply is posted" (actually I assumed it was "on"), so I didn't know there were any replies. As far as I remember, both containers were running when I checked (and I believe so because I started them with the commands I wrote earlier and as such, if a linked image was not running, I would have gotten errors I suppose). currently, I can't re-install on my server, and my computer with it's recently updated kernel, causes bad gateway, thus I can't check it right now. I'll try to update when I have a chance to test.
kyvanc

Postby vipernt » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:44 pm

I've run into the same issue. Any news on the resolution?

regards
Steffen
vipernt

Postby Maxim » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:34 am

vipernt wrote:I've run into the same issue.

Hello!
Please describe your problem in details
Maxim

Postby vipernt » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:40 am

okay... what I did so far:
- stopped the two containers (doc-server and community server) on the first docker host
- copied the data from the volumes over to the second docker host
- recreated the two containers on the second docker host (using -v option for the data dirs)
- waited for the containers to start up

I can see all the documents in the list, but when I click one to open it up it opens up a new browser tab saying "ONLYOFFICE loading..." finally failing with a timeout error "Connection is loast. You can still view the document, but will not be able to download until the connection is restored.". Same goes for creating a new document. The new document exists in the list of documents but is not editable.

regards
steffen
vipernt

Return to Docker Version