Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Mail Server and Doc Server problems

Questions/problems on Docker

Mail Server and Doc Server problems

Postby chiefnerd » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:14 am

Installed using the integrated docker method but I'm lost.

1) How do we edit Nginx settings to reflect the domain name? No Nginx vhost has been created for onlyoffice to edit and I quite literally can't find any mention anywhere on this just a standard Nginx config that's massively confusing because nothing is labelled within it. Right now running it via IP:port (I changed outward port from 80 because of the lack of Nginx config)

2) Mail server happily sends mail but won't receive anything. DNS is fine, I've even updated this server's host to reflect the mail host in case that was causing an issue but still nothing

3) Document server just won't do anything in terms of editing any files- just gives 'An error has occurred while opening this document'

I've followed all steps before you post your generic answer, in fact I've done it 5 times on the off chance I missed something. Had more issues but restarting docker solved them. This server hosts a few websites and I'm pretty sure the lack of any Nginx config for onlyoffice is causing the issues but, like I said- I can't find anything on it and what's there is confusing as hell unless you're on the onlyoffice team and have some secret language.
chiefnerd

Re: Mail Server and Doc Server problems

Postby Maxim » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:10 am

Hello chiefnerd!
Please specify how you installed Onlyoffice, what instruction you followed.
Maxim

Postby chiefnerd » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:04 pm

It tells you in the post mate.
chiefnerd

Postby Maxim » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:27 am

Hello chiefnerd!
It tells you in the post mate.

Actually not, you could install docker containers using script or you could install docker containers manually. That's why i asked you.
Maxim

Postby chiefnerd » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:44 am

Only method labelled 'integrated' for document, mail and community server on the entire site uses a manual docker install and manual setup of containers. If there's a script that does an integrated install point it out because it'll save me another 15 minutes reinstalling it for fifth time.
chiefnerd

Postby chiefnerd » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:03 am

What an amazing community - so many people rallying around to help and encourage something new to use the platform
chiefnerd

Postby 10acious » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:28 am

I'm interested in your experiences. I too have spent an entire week trying to get Mail Server to work. It isn't and I am witless now. Without doubt, due to the multi-layer issues with (any) mail system, including but not limited to the ISP's router box and its firewalls etc., that getting any private mail server working is extremely challenging.

My situation is that having given up attempting to get MS working in the Community Edition, which is actually all we need, I paid for the Enterprise version and a support/installation charge. Mail Server was installed (by me) as a second-pass.

Perhaps we can work this through together. Have you passed through the (undocumented?) "Wizard" steps of modifying the DNS records to point the world at your local box?
10acious

Postby chiefnerd » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:44 am

Doubt we'll get any help. The problem is lying in the Nginx config or lack of it. They're unwilling to share that info and help (which has been proved)
chiefnerd

Postby Maxim » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:16 am

Hello chiefnerd!
If i could to help you i would but it's very difficult for me to understand where the problem is.
Maxim

Return to Docker Version