Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Getting set up

Questions/problems on Docker

Getting set up

Postby robertotomas » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:10 pm

I'm having trouble with our install of onlyoffice at work: I'm supposed to create a plugin with the frontend document editor that will allow rich user interfaces on the webpage containing the document editor to insert text into a document.

I thought that I had to install a plugin to a folder in the documentserver called "sdkjs-plugins" .. that folder didn't exist, I had to create it. after doing that and restarting, I see no signs of the plugin having loaded or failed.

Since I'm having trouble with our server install, I decided to do a clean install on my mac. I went the docker way.

This seems like everything is okay:
Code: Select all
Roberts-MBP:~ robertotomas$ sudo docker run -i -t -d -p 8008:80 --restart=always     -v /Volumes/app/onlyoffice/DocumentServer/logs:/var/log/onlyoffice      -v /Volumes/app/onlyoffice/DocumentServer/data:/var/www/onlyoffice/Data      -v /Volumes/app/onlyoffice/DocumentServer/lib:/var/lib/onlyoffice     -v /Volumes/app/onlyoffice/DocumentServer/db:/var/lib/postgresql  onlyoffice/documentserver
af13924e9ab7e84b9c3583714a2e645a3ae6b3532bd09b751948ba26f5dc4f35
Roberts-MBP:~ robertotomas$ docker ps
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                       COMMAND                  CREATED             STATUS              PORTS                           NAMES
af13924e9ab7        onlyoffice/documentserver   "/bin/sh -c 'bash ..."   4 seconds ago       Up 3 seconds        443/tcp, 0.0.0.0:8008->80/tcp   angry_noether

But when I try to hit localhost:8008 it doesn't load:
This page isn’t working

localhost didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

The 8000's are open, for example, the test web server I set up to eventually run document Editor in is running on 8080 and is reachable. Further, if I run `docker run -d -p 80:80 --name webserver nginx` I get an nginx response on localhost:80

What am I missing?

Also, can someone help me understand the next step? How what is the proper way to install and load the onlyoffice document editor in my node webserver?
robertotomas

Re: Getting set up

Postby Maxim » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:46 pm

Hello robertotomas!
We have installed the Document Server successfully on Mac just now but without Volumes and it works perfect. Please try not to map folders to Volumes.
Maxim

Postby robertotomas » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:30 pm

@Maxim I created those directories and ensured they were ugo_+rwx ... why would it matter where it is mounted to? The documentation even says you can change the directories
robertotomas

Postby robertotomas » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:37 pm

Thank you I have it working. I don't understand why it must be mounted to /app .. but that does work.
robertotomas

Postby Maxim » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:17 am

Hello robertotomas!
You are always welcome!
Maxim

Return to Docker Version