Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Internal IP problem in link generated

Questions/problems on Docker

Internal IP problem in link generated

Postby 4tom » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:45 am

Currently testing trial entrerprise version installed on HTTPS a sub domain, installed with provided script using -md "sub.domain.com" for example,
Had some issues with mail server but fixed with script on one of the thread here, and now i got some more problem.

Registered and configured mail server using a different domain (ex: domain2.com), created 2 mailbox, 1 for administrator/owner and the second one is for user, the administrator/owner can send and receive email fine including the activation mail
But, the user get this message delivery error Reason: "The host name cannot be empty. Parameter name: host", even when sending to the administrator which have the same domain, so the user cannot send and receive email, even the activation mail.

Link generated is using an internal ip from docker, such as invite using 172.18.0.3 instead of the sub.domain.com used on script, link to document in email is also using internal ip.

Whitelabelling does not work, with error always saying image exceeding parameter when it is correct.

I think the error is because of the sub domain, but i'm not tech savvy enough to dig deeper into it

Thanks!
4tom

Re: Internal IP problem in link generated

Postby Maxim » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:10 am

Hello 4tom!
Please specify what domain(s) (ex: domain2.com) you used to configure mail server, what is mailserver domain, attach screenshot of SMTP settings, what is entrerprise version you are using (attach screenshot Control panel->Update) and attach Community Server's logs please.
Maxim

Postby 4tom » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:03 pm

This is the screen shot of the settings
Attachments
chrome_2017-08-17_18-59-19.png
Version
chrome_2017-08-17_18-59-19.png (40.07 KiB) Viewed 206 times
chrome_2017-08-17_18-46-57.png
SMTP
chrome_2017-08-17_18-46-57.png (14.83 KiB) Viewed 206 times
chrome_2017-08-17_18-49-01.png
Domain & Mail Server Domain
chrome_2017-08-17_18-49-01.png (93.76 KiB) Viewed 206 times
4tom

Postby 4tom » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:06 pm

As for the log, the maximum attachment is 2mb, my archive is 5mb

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6tiZu8VTGdZV0l1WjhmRnpzSTA/view?usp=sharing
4tom

Postby Maxim » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:46 am

Hello 4tom!
For docker version please execute next commands and show me result
Code: Select all
docker exec -it onlyoffice-community-server mysql -e "use onlyoffice; SELECT * FROM mail_server_server;"

docker exec -it onlyoffice-community-server mysql -e "use onlyoffice; SELECT s.* FROM mail_server_server ms inner join mail_mailbox_server s on ms.smtp_settings_id = s.id or ms.imap_settings_id = s.id;"

or if you have MySQL container execute next commands and show me result
docker exec -it onlyoffice-mysql-server mysql -pmy-secret-pw --silent -e"use onlyoffice; SELECT * FROM mail_server_server;"

docker exec -it onlyoffice-mysql-server mysql -pmy-secret-pw --silent -e"use onlyoffice; SELECT s.* FROM mail_server_server ms inner join mail_mailbox_server s on ms.smtp_settings_id = s.id or ms.imap_settings_id = s.id;"

Also (it is very important for us to determine the reason of that behaviour) please describe step-by-step your actions which led to that result. Rebooting, restarting containers or smth. else.
Maxim

Postby 4tom » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:52 pm

I solved the internal ip problem, it seems that one of the people at my workplace modified the common.conf on the community server, i restored to the default configuration, rebooted and now its working properly again.

but the email problem still persist after this, i tried to make new account to test the mail with the restored configuration and the message delivery failure still happen.

i got the mysql server container and after runnign the command this is the result

id      mx_record       connection_string       server_type     smtp_settings_id        imap_settings_id
2       3.midsuit.com   {"DbConnection":"Server=172.18.0.2;Database=onlyoffice_mailserver;User ID=mail_admin;Password=Isadmin123;Pooling=True;Character Set=utf8","Api":{"Protocol":"http","Server":"172.18.0.6","Port":8081,"Version":"v1","Token":"ceca4b63023519f3d0f54d53ff28f03c"}}       2       1002    1001

id      id_provider     type    hostname        port    socket_type     username        authentication  is_user_data
1001    -1      imap            143     STARTTLS        %EMAILADDRESS%          0
1002    -1      smtp            587     STARTTLS        %EMAILADDRESS%          0

maybe i will try to do a fresh install next, and see if it's happen again

The steps that i take from installation is, using the enterprise install script, initialize and register portal, generate certificate from control panel, rebooted, uses the fix script for mail setting error, configure the first mail domain which is different if you look by the screenshot above, create inbox for the admin and activate the account,
test send/receive mail, create another mailbox and another account from invitation link, and test send/receive. i think that's it
4tom

Return to Docker Version