Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Create anchors or bookmarks that a plugin to scroll to?

Integration questions/issues

Create anchors or bookmarks that a plugin to scroll to?

Postby eaglejs » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:07 am

Greetings,

I'm trying to create a plugin that will scroll to an anchor or bookmark link inside of my document. So if I have a link in my plugin that when clicked, it should scroll to that anchor or bookmark link inside of the word document. I was mining your minified javascript and found some references to your own scrollTo or scrollBy methods and I am wondering if it is possible to utilize them for onlyoffice.

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,

eaglejs
eaglejs

Re: Create anchors or bookmarks that a plugin to scroll to?

Postby Maxim » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:32 am

Hello eaglejs!
if it is possible to utilize them for onlyoffice

Yes but there are a lot of problems could appear, for example if your anchor or bookmark link is deleted by user in co-editing mode(?), also scrollTo or scrollBy methods you mentioned cannot be used for that plugin for some reasons. But if you provide us a scenario, the way how this plugin should work then we could create an API for you.
Maxim

Postby eaglejs » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:18 pm

Sure! We want to create a plugin that could add text to the document in a defined location. This plugin will have, for example, (15 places it could input text into). Each place is located (perhaps by a bookmark) or something that we can scroll to when that edit is clicked on from inside the plugin. I also would like to be able to edit that text, accept or reject this edit. When accepted, it should inject that edit or modify the text in the document, and if I reject it, it will simply delete the edit from the plugin, I think we can do that within the plugin, but not 100% sure on this. We have designs about how we want to go about this which I'm not sure if I can post here, i'll have to get permission. This is a very important feature we would like to use with Onlyoffice, and it would be great if Onlyoffice has an API for this. :D Thank you very much for your fast response. :)
Last edited by eaglejs on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eaglejs

Postby eaglejs » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:04 am

Is it possible to PM you? We have a list of requirements for you. :)
eaglejs

Postby Maxim » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:32 am

Hello eaglejs!
Is it possible to PM you?

You are welcome!
Maxim

Postby eaglejs » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:37 pm

Hey Maxim,

I sent you a PM, though, I am not sure if you actually received it. Let me know! Thank you! :)
eaglejs

Return to Plugins