Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

How data is stored in Editor.bin ?

Suggestions on Document Server Installation/Functionality

How data is stored in Editor.bin ?

Postby maryjoseph » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:06 am

I am a learner and open source enthusiast. I was fascinated with the output of document, spreadsheet editors so i started exploring the code.

ResourceService.ashx was serving the document data and i found the directory where data is being stored in "Editor.bin" & i understood CanvasService.ashx was downloading the file and saving on the server.

My expertise is in python but the code is written in CSharp. I am trying to reproduce the same functionality in python. I understand it is a huge code so gave up on it but i just wanted to know how data is stored in "Editor.bin".

I went through javascript files to examine the way you read the data but still no luck. I know it was not just base64 encoding of "word/document.xml". Can any one give the abstract information on it.

I am working on it since 30 days without any luck. A small information from you would mean allot to me. Thank you. Cheers to the open source community.
maryjoseph

Re: How data is stored in Editor.bin ?

Postby Dean » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:24 pm

Hello,

Sorry for the reply delay.

All the binaries were not listed as a source code in 3.0. We will open the m in the next Open Source version as soon as it will be ready for release.
Dean

Postby polx » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:26 pm

Any news here?
I'm also interested to this question.

thanks

Paul
polx

Postby anurag.tdsols » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:35 am

Same here !

Any updates on this ?