Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Autofill Data on UI

Suggestions on Document Server Installation/Functionality

Autofill Data on UI

Postby rodrigo » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:22 pm

Hi Guys,

Please excuse me if this question has been asked before, but haven't seen anything about it (as yet).

Is it possible to load a word document "template" using onlyoffice and then autofill with selected data on my APP, on the UI itself? e.g. i'm on customer account, i'd like to send them a welcome letter with some custom details, but the customer "name", "address" would be picked from app to then update the document variables $name, $address. Or perhaps to prefill with database data onload of document replacing the document variable data.

Cheers in advance.
rodrigo

Autofill Data on UI

Postby rodrigo » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:24 pm

Hi Guys,

Please excuse me if this question has been asked before, but haven't seen anything about it (as yet).

Is it possible to load a word document "template" using onlyoffice and then autofill with selected data on my APP, on the UI itself? e.g. i'm on customer account, i'd like to send them a welcome letter with some custom details, but the customer "name", "address" would be picked from app to then update the document variables $name, $address. Or perhaps to prefill with database data onload of document replacing the document variable data.

Cheers in advance.
rodrigo

Re: Autofill Data on UI

Postby Dean » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:13 pm

Unfortunately yet it is impossible. Your suggestion was forwarded to our developers team for further consideration.
Dean

Return to Document Server