Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

What is the difference between Document, Community and Mail?

Suggestions on Document Server Installation/Functionality

What is the difference between Document, Community and Mail?

Postby jackalope » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:54 pm

I see there are three self-hosted servers for OnlyOffice I can download if I want to run the community edition. But what's the difference between them? What does Document Server have that Mail or Community doesn't? What does the Community Server have that Mail or Document doesn't? I can not find this spelled out anywhere on the website.

OnlyOffice is super dope but I find the messaging on the website extremely confusing. There's so many different skews, different servers, some of it is hidden out of the way (it's pretty hard to find info on the Community Edition without doing a google search for it). I really like OpenOffice but there needs to be some work done on improving the clarity of things.
jackalope

Re: What is the difference between Document, Community and M

Postby Carl » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:49 am

Hello,

Community Server is responsible for your portal with several modules.
Document Server is responsible for document editing.
Mail Server is a mail server. These are completely different products.

You can find all the required information in our Help Center. The easiest way to install ONLYOFFICE Community Edition is a docker installation with a script.
Carl

Postby jackalope » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:34 pm

Does the community server not also include the document editing or mail functionality?
jackalope

Postby Carl » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:07 am

No. There is only a mail aggregator in the community server. Document editing will be available only with a connected document server. If you want all three of these combined, the best way is to install ONLYOFFICE Community Edition.
Carl

Return to Document Server