Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Moodle plugin for ONLYOFFICE Document Server online editor

Suggestions on Document Server Installation/Functionality

Moodle plugin for ONLYOFFICE Document Server online editor

Postby logicexpertise » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:58 pm

I've created a Moodle activity module to enable participants in Moodle courses to collaboratively edit office documents (text, spreadsheet, presentation) inside the course and save the documents back to Moodle.

The editing is done using the ONLYOFFICE Document Server online editor. It works similar to Google Docs, but with the difference that the documents stay within Moodle.

The plugin can be downloaded from https://github.com/logicexpertise/moodle-mod_onlyoffice

While the plugin is functional, it is still missing a number of key features, particularly ability to be backed up and support for the new privacy API. I also plan to add for grading at some point, and improve the UI/display on the course page.

In the meantime, feel free to take it for a spin, and provide feedback via replies to this post or on the plugin's Github page.
logicexpertise

Re: Moodle plugin for ONLYOFFICE Document Server online edit

Postby Maxim » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:23 am

Hello logicexpertise!
That's great! I hope it will be very useful for users.
Maxim

Postby randomstranger » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:52 am

Hi logicexpertise

As someone who's passionately interested in learning, thanks for trying to enhance something like Moodle. I don't use it personally, but you're work is still highly appreciated.

Cheers
randomstranger

Postby shippeli » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:31 am

Hi, take a look at edu-sharing.com. This is our open source repository. We provide plugins for moodle, mediawiki, ilias, typo3 and mahara that let you share and use edu-sharing artefacts within your app. This artefacts are media files as well as LTI objects, Scorm packages, etherpads and so on. And you can also integrate onlyoffice documents :)
shippeli

Return to Document Server