Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Numbered list and styles

Suggestions on Document Server Installation/Functionality

Numbered list and styles

Postby avychodil » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:13 am

I have started to use OnlyOffice because on nextcloud and I realized that this is wonderful product which has a lot of functionality. Unfortunately there are still some missing things. One to the most important is that I cannot use style with numbered list. If I want to have numbered headings like this:

1. main topic
1.1. something
1.2. someting else
2. section a
:
:

it is impossible. When you want update style, it returns it back without numbers. OK - you can do it without styles and just select numbered list in the menu. No! Unfortunately even this is not possible. When you start section a in our example, it starts to count from 1 again and is not possible to change it :(

List and bullets are problems at all. You cannot choose bullet picture, just choose from predefined. But, when you open document created in Word, all the bullets are correctly displayed and even if you continue with the line, it adds correct picture for it. But if you want to use it somewhere else in the document, it is impossible. It is pity. Otherwise I like the product very much and I believe that after time if you correct some things like this, it will be much better than Word online.
avychodil

Re: Numbered list and styles

Postby Maxim » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:45 am

Hello avychodil!
Thank you for detailed information! We need your feedbacks and suggestions. I hope we will correct that soon.
Maxim

Postby mus » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:00 am

+1 i also find it annoying that you can create new styles (especially for spreadsheets) only within MS OFfice, although they wortk pretty well in Onlyoffice.

Current workaround ( i believe this would work for your bullet numbering issue, too) is the "copy style" feature. I use that a lot. However it's terrible this is only avalable as a taskbar button and doesn't have its own keyboard shortcut.
I would like to suggest to at least add "copy style" and "paste style" which is perfectly implemented e.g. in Mac OS (e.g. in Numbers and Pages). CMD+ALT+C and CMD+ALT+V are huge time savers!
mus

Postby Maxim » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:37 am

Hello mus!
Thank you for your suggestion!
Maxim

Return to Document Server