Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Due date in task vs calendar mismatch

Suggestions on Community Server Installation/Functionality

Due date in task vs calendar mismatch

Postby Moinois » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:27 pm

Hi,

I'm new here and to OnlyOffice, and I'm trying things out at the moment. I've added a project and some tasks, with due dates. But the due dates in the calendar for the project is one day off. So if I add a due date of for instance 10 April in the task of the project, it will show in the project calendar that that specific task ends on 11 April. So it gets all confused, it seems as if projects handle due dates as the date where the task is due, as in it should be finished before that date, while the calendar handles it as if it should be finished after that date. So a 2 day task in the project becomes a 3 day all-day event in the calendar. :?

Is there an explanation for this or is it a bug?

Best regards,
Magnus
Moinois

Re: Due date in task vs calendar mismatch

Postby Maxim » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:58 am

Hello Moinois!
We tried to reproduce the issue with no luck. Please specify what kind of OnlyOffice do you use - SAAS, Enterprise Edition? Also check out Timezone of your portal - is it correct? And could you attach screenshots to your post?
Maxim

Postby Moinois » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:41 am

Hi,

It is the community version of OnlyOffice that we host ourselves. I've tried to find any version number but to no avail. But it was installet just a week ago so it isn't old. The time zone is UTC+1, which I consider not an issue since it is failing a whole day, not hours. :)

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Create a new Project.
  2. Add a task, and assign it to yourself. Set start and end dates, mine spanned from Monday 6/2 to Friday 10/2 next week but it isn't really relevant but is good to know which dates we're working with here. Right?
    It looks good in the details, just as entered:
  3. Switch to Gantt chart
    Oh, it is one day short... But, sure I can live with the idea that due date is the date where the task is done, not the last date to be finished. Maybe a little quirky, but I can live with that.
  4. Switch to calendar view
    And we're back to the notion that due date is when the task should be done, not the first date after it is supposed to be done. The way I prefer it to be, to be honest.
  5. I add another task, Saturday to Sunday
  6. The Gantt view looks weird now
  7. So I correct it, and I want to link them as well
  8. But now the calendar view shows this (you might have to open it separately in a new tab since it is too wide to show correctly):
That's not right. They are supposed to be linked and thus shouldn't overlap and they should end on the dates that I want the tasks to be done, at the latest. Not the day after, nor the day before.
I would, of course, like to have the correct dates in the calendar so that I can take a quick glimpse there to see what is due soon. But if someone plans a project by pulling the bars in the Gantt view, they will all be due one day later than planned which could lead to really weird effects.

I would guess that the rendering of the Gantt view is slightly off, probably it is using the date and 00:00 as time and thus will end one day early while the task and calendar view uses either 23:59 ( or 11:59 pm if you're on a 12 hrs clock) and thus covers the whole day.

Let me know if you need anything else. I could grant you a temporary access to our environment if you want to take a look your selves, but I prefer not to since we are in the startup of the production site.

Best regards,
Magnus
Moinois

Postby Maxim » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:47 pm

Thank you Magnus for the detailed note! We've detected the problem and reproduced it the same way. It's a bug!
Maxim

Postby Moinois » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:27 pm

Thank you for informing me, I thought so too. :) Any ETA for a fix?
Moinois

Postby Maxim » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:47 pm

Next release.
Maxim

Return to Community Server