Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

TaskList

Suggestions on Community Server Installation/Functionality

TaskList

Postby Xarcell » Wed May 04, 2016 10:37 pm

I'm currently using the 30 day trial. I'm trying to use projects, but I'm having problems keeping my projects and tasks organized. I run multiple businesses as a business developer, so I separate those by projects, but cannot keep my tasks within each project organized between operations, website, etc.

Is there anyway we can get task list feature added? Basically categories for our tasks?

Thanks.
Xarcell

Re: TaskList

Postby Alex » Wed May 11, 2016 2:26 pm

Hello
Thanks for your taking the time to send us this feedback
Please note that you can sort the projects and tasks by tags assigned to the projects (shown as a screenshot)
Otherwise feel free to describe how you see this option and what kind of categories do you need
regards
Attachments
tags.jpg
tags.jpg (15.13 KiB) Viewed 1175 times
Alex

Postby Xarcell » Sun May 15, 2016 2:26 pm

I like this tag thing if I'm searching. However, if I want to review and get a larger picture of the work that needs to be done per project, there needs to be categories of tasks per project, often called tasklists. Tasklists aren't present in Gantt, they are just a way to organize your tasks. Typically you have someone assigned to all tasks within a tasklist(actegory), but not necessarily the tasklist(category) itself. It's just a way to organize the overview of tasks.

For example, if your launching a company, then the project is the company. Then, within that company project, you to be able to categorize(tasklist) your work, such as operations, marketing, accounting, website/web-apps, etc, etc. Without categories(tasklists), you cannot get a overview. Sure I can narrow it down if I know what i'm looking for through tags, but what if I don't know what I'm looking for, or want to see which area(category) needs help due to the number of open tasks?

Currently, my work around is having these really long titles to task names(company-category-area-task). Even then, I don't know what I'm looking at half of the time because projects aren't listed in alphabetical order and are mixed up. It's a mess and I cannot keep it organized.
Xarcell

Postby Xarcell » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:16 pm

To better illustrate, my partners don't know where to post new tasks, or what kind of tags to put on them. I wish OnlyOffice had categories that can be created by the admin, so user's know where to post the new tasks.
Xarcell

Return to Community Server