Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

VMWare install Errors

Issues during installation and related to database

VMWare install Errors

Postby wdallen504 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:50 pm

Just tried to install the vm again with slightly different settings. Once again it crashed my entire VMware 5.1 esxi platform down. I have 7 other vm's running on there. I do not know why this is happening with your vm. I would really like to get this up and running but I can not have it crash my whole network.

Bill

What is the minimum cores and sockets that it can use?
Has this happened to anyone else?
wdallen504

Re: VMWare install Errors

Postby Maxim » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:48 am

Hello!
Please specify at what moment you have crash. What errors do you see?
I had to delete your one of your posts because it's the same and replicate this one.
We faced the same problem with several users and tried to reproduce that problem with no luck.
I advise you to try OnlyOffice Windows installation
Maxim

Postby wdallen504 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:02 pm

When I start the vm it runs through the boot up. during the boot process is gets to networking (I do not use dhcp and only static through our firewall) it pauses and then fails network settings, it then goes on a couple of lines and then freezes. after about 5 min my whole system is unresponsive. I have to physically reboot the esxi platform. How a vm can crash the hypervisor is a real mystery to me.

It has happened twice now. I can not trust it again unless there is a fix or reason it is happening.

I run VMware's ESXi 5.1, I have both Linux and Win2008r2 servers running on the platform. 32gig ram 2 quad core processors. There are 8 vm's running on it currently.

Using your instructions to use the custom install I can not specify the size of the install. This might be a/the cause but I don't know.

Bill
wdallen504

Postby Maxim » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:56 am

Hello!
Why don't you use OnlyOffice docker version for linux server? Maybe you should try.....
Maxim

Return to Installation / Database