Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

forcesave not actually saving without refresh

forcesave not actually saving without refresh

Postby michaeldavidson » Tue May 02, 2017 7:06 pm

I'm running OnlyOffice DocumentServer version 4.3.3.4 and I'm trying to save my open doc from the API using forcesave, and with the doc still open, download the file with the changes. I am hitting the API through Postman and not in the browser, but I am getting the ID from the browser and copying into my payload.

The issue is that the changes are not present on the downloaded file without refreshing several times or closing the page after calling forcesave.

I know the API is working because I got the version from there. I even got an error 0 when running forcesave, which is supposed to mean success. Here is what I got:

onlyofficeforcesave.PNG
onlyofficeforcesave.PNG (28.91 KiB) Viewed 316 times

Why are the changes not present when I download the file after I run forcesave? Isn't it supposed to save the file instantly without closing it?
michaeldavidson

Re: forcesave not actually saving without refresh

Postby Maxim » Wed May 03, 2017 8:12 am

Hello michaeldavidson!
Please show me what data callbackhandler gets after sending to commandservice forcesave command just like here. Callbackhandler must get request with data.
Maxim

Postby michaeldavidson » Wed May 03, 2017 2:25 pm

Here is what I got for a config object when api.js loads from our onlyoffice server.

I couldn't get it to hit the chrome dev tools Sources tab breakpoint again after calling the api from Postman, so I'm not sure what it looks like afterwards.

Work URL is redacted bc I doubt I have permission to post it, but I can message it to you unedited.

before.PNG
before.PNG (66.5 KiB) Viewed 294 times

Thanks
michaeldavidson

Postby Maxim » Thu May 04, 2017 8:18 am

Hello michaeldavidson!
Unfortunately it's not what i posted about.
Maxim

Return to Documents