Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Where are my updated data saved?

Where are my updated data saved?

Postby craucy » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:24 am

Dear all,

First, let me introduce my setup:

-I have installed onlyoffice community server on my ubuntu server
-I have onlyoffice document server running in a docker container (since I cannot install both of them on the host because of some dependency issues). I mounted the Data and Logs folder placed on the host into the docker container in order to avoid lost of data when I'll update the document server.

When I upload a docx file, I can see this file in the www/onlyoffice/Data/Products/Files/0/folder_1000/file_1/v1/content.docx. When I edit the file everything works fine but the file in this Data folder is not uploaded. When I open the file right away from the www/onlyoffice/... folder the file is not updated. However, when I restart the computer all the modifications are saved successfully. I played with the folder permission and ownership but it doesn't seem to change anything. I even gave full permission (777) on the www/onlyoffice to make sure mono and other components have full access.

I would like to know where are my updated (edited) data? They must be saved somewhere since the whole thing survies to a reboot but I can't find them? At least not as docx files under the folder www/onlyoffice/...

It is very important for me to make sure I can backup my data. I'm now deploying onlyoffice in a research unit in an Unversity but I must guaranty that the data are backup.

Best regards,

Christopher Raucy.
craucy

Re: Where are my updated data saved?

Postby Dean » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:06 am

While editing the Document, all the changes are saved in the browser cache. After the editing was finished, and 10 seconds passed, the file will be saved in the folder of the next version ../v#/contect.docx.
Dean

Postby craucy » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:48 pm

Hello Dean,

Thank you for your answer.

I have checked my Data/Products/... folder and there is no other version than v1. I noticed that when I download my files from the community server I receive the original file without any modification. The same thing happens when I copy or move a file with the community server interface. Only the original file is moved or copied which makes sense since there is only the v1 file present in the Data/Products/... folder. While if I open the file in the editor, I see all the modifications. When I download the file from the editor I get the good modified file downloaded.

As I explained in my first port, the document server runs in a docker while the community server run directly on the host. I mounted the docker folders (/var/log/onlyoffice": {},"/var/www/onlyoffice/Data") on the host. The document server is running on the following ip/port: 172.17.0.2:80. Basically, I run the following docker command:
sudo docker run -i -t -d \
--name onlyoffice-document-server \
-v /opt/onlyoffice/Logs:/var/log/onlyoffice \
-v /opt/onlyoffice/Data:/var/www/onlyoffice/Data onlyoffice/documentserver
When I reboot I use the following command docker start onlyoffice-document-server. The host has an access to the network 172.17.0.0/16 (I set up my iptables correctly). In the mounted folders, I can only see some log files but that's all. No file such as Data, or config files is present in the mounted folder. Is-it normal? You may notice that I didn't not use the option -p 80:80 because I don't want any proxy handled by the docker. I use the network 172.16.0.0/16 to communicate with my host and a DNAT (destination nat) to connect my VPN clients to the document server.

I also noticed that the converter doesn't work, so I thought that the Document Service Location might be wrong. I followed the instruction from this link --> http://helpcenter.onlyoffice.com/server ... erver.aspx. Here is what I have:

Document Editing Service Address
http://192.168.30.16:8000/OfficeWeb/app ... nts/api.js

Document Command Service Address
https://172.17.0.2/CommandService.ashx (I also tried with coauthoring/CommandService.ashx)

Document Storage Service Address
https://172.17.0.2/FileUploader.ashx

Document Conversion Service Address
https://172.17.0.2/ConvertService.ashx

The address 192.168.30.16 is one of my VPN network address (it also goes thought a DNA 192.168.30.16:8000 --> 172.17.0.2:80).

Is-It possible that the Storage Service might cause the trouble? And if the files uploaded versions are not in the Data/Products/.. folder on the host, where the data could be? It should be saved somewhere since I can open the edited file from different locations (different browsers on different machines) and see the modifications. I noticed than when I click on "Check availability' there is a little V appearing close to Document Editing Service Address while there is nothing appearing close to the other ones. Is-it a sign that the Document Storage Service Address, Document Command Service Address and Document Conversion Service Address cannot be found?

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,

Christopher.
craucy

Postby craucy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:11 pm

No one can help me with this :cry: ?

Regards,

Christopher.
craucy

Postby Dean » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:02 am

Hello,

The problem is that you've not run a container with a '-p ' parameter. please select a port pn a hsost machine and use the section: https://github.com/ONLYOFFICE/Docker-Do ... erent-port to run a Document server on different port.
Dean

Postby craucy » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:10 pm

Hello Dean,

Thanks form your answer. However, I don't think this is the issue. The community server run on the same host as the one running the document server in a docker. Hence, the community server can access directly the ports 80 and 443 through the "docker network". On the host there is a interface docker0 with ip 172.17.0.1 and in the container running the document server there is a network interface with ip 172.17.0.2. I can access without any problem the document server on 172.17.0.2. Therefore, there is no need to publish the docker ports of the document server in the host.

By the way, there is no problem with editing and loading the file in the editor. The only issue is that I don't see the upgraded version of the file in the data folder (only v1) and that if I download or move/copy the file with "the community server web interface" then I received or move/copy the first version of the file (v1). Although when I open the file in the editor I see all modifications.

There is one thing I don't quite understand when I read the documentation. I understand that the community server handle the files and manage the storing of the files. However, in the documentation, when using the docker for the document server it is advice to mount the disk somewhere on the host to avoid losing data. Is there any data concerning the documents stored by the document server?

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Best regards,

Christopher Raucy.
craucy

Postby craucy » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:22 am

No one can help me with this :'( ?

Regards,

Christopher.
craucy

Postby Dean » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:10 pm

Hello,

I'm sorry for the incorrect info. Now all the files are stored in v1. If you open the content.docx you might see all the changes made to the doc.

No, the data are not stored in DS.
Dean

Postby craucy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:47 pm

Hello Dean,

Thank you for your answer. When I open a file in V1 I don't see the modification. I see the original file. How is this possible?

Remark: When I copy a file within the community server (with the web interface) the system copy only the original file (which is consistent with the fact that I only see the original file in v1).

Best regards,

Christopher.
craucy

Postby craucy » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:54 pm

No one has any clue about this?
craucy

Next

Return to Documents