Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Document is locked after change

Document is locked after change

Postby mrman » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:52 pm

Hi all,

I have a setup of one server as Comms server and one as a Doc Server.

When I edit a document in the browser from Comms server, I keep on getting the message:

The file version has changed. The page will be reloaded.

I click OK and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

**Update**
If I click on preview for the file it works... as the following parameters are added to the end of the URL:

&action=view&version=1
mrman

Re: Document is locked after change

Postby AnaMih » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:24 pm

1) Please, specify OS and OnlyOffice products version (both Document Server and Community Server)

2) Describe the Integration steps and make a screenshot of the Portal Settings -> Integration -> Document Service page, you can attach it here or via email support@onlyoffice.com and please insert the link to this thread into your email.

3) Please, check the console and send us the errors if any appear when getting the message and clicking "ok"

4) Make sure that DocS machine is available from the Community Server.

5) Start editing once again, make sure that the document is opened in one tab only when editing it. Close the document and wait 10-15 sec until the "+" symbol in the Documents Module disappears near the pen in the document name (than the changes should be saved and document is ready)
Create a new document and try to edit it.

6) Try editing the document on the Document Server machine. Check the "save" icon in upper left corner.
AnaMih

Postby mrman » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:02 pm

1) Host server's OS: Ubuntu 14.04. Using a Docker Instance for Document server on one server and another docker instance for Community Server on another server.
2) Email sent to support.
3) No further error messages other than "The file version has changed. The page will be reloaded." when OK is clicked.
4) Document server can be accessed from the Community Server.
5) Tried to edit in one tab and the same thing occurs.
6) I can edit the document on the document server.
mrman

Postby mrman » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:00 pm

There seems to be a number of documents which saying:

It is currently edited by: Me

I haven't logged in for 2 days... Could this be related to something in the database? How does Comms/Doc server determine if a something is being edited?
mrman

Postby mrman » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:57 pm

When I tried to download one of the files it was blank... But when I click preview from the community server there is data there...
mrman

Postby AnaMih » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:48 pm

It looks like the issue is with the connection between the Community and Document Servers.
1) Could you please specify versions of both products. Сheck on both machines:
docker attach docker_id
dpkg -l | grep onlyoffice
2) We would like to know your actions step by step, how the Community and Document servers have been installed.
3) Are both servers in the local network? If not, please describe the connection type.
4) Are there any errors in the browser console (F12)) when you try to edit docs.
AnaMih

Postby mrman » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:16 pm

1) Version Info:
Comms Server: ii onlyoffice-communityserver 8.5.4-24 all office suite and business productivity tools
Doc Server: ii onlyoffice-documentserver 3.0.0-99 amd64 online viewers and editors for text, spreadsheet and presentation files

2) This is the install guide:

Setup Docker
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://pgp.mit.edu:80 --recv-keys 58118E89F3A912897C070ADBF76221572C52609D
echo -e "# Ubuntu Trusty\ndeb https://apt.dockerproject.org/repo ubuntu-trusty main" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/docker.list
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-cache policy docker-engine
sudo apt-get install linux-image-generic-lts-trusty
sudo reboot
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -y docker-engine
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ONLYO ... ompose.yml

# For Community Server
sudo docker run -i -t -d --name onlyoffice-document-server onlyoffice/communityserver
# For Document Server
sudo docker run -i -t -d --name onlyoffice-document-server onlyoffice/documentserver

Generation of self signed certificates
Generation of self-signed SSL certificates involves a simple 3 step procedure.
STEP 1: Create the server private key
openssl genrsa -out onlyoffice.key 1024
STEP 2: Create the certificate signing request (CSR)
openssl req -new -key onlyoffice.key -out onlyoffice.csr -subj '/CN=[IP_OF_COMMS_SERVER]/O=Company/C=US'
STEP 3: Sign the certificate using the private key and CSR
openssl x509 -req -days 365 -in onlyoffice.csr -signkey onlyoffice.key -out onlyoffice.crt
You have now generated an SSL certificate that's valid for 365 days.
openssl dhparam -out dhparam.pem 4096
sudo mkdir -p /opt/onlyoffice/Data/certs
sudo cp onlyoffice.key /opt/onlyoffice/Data/certs/
sudo cp onlyoffice.crt /opt/onlyoffice/Data/certs/
sudo cp dhparam.pem /opt/onlyoffice/Data/certs/
sudo chmod 400 /opt/onlyoffice/Data/certs/onlyoffice.key
rm ~/onlyoffice* ~/dhparam.pem

Automatic restart
To make Docker automatically restart Community Server containers on reboot, please use the –restart=always parameter in the docker run command:
# For Community Server
sudo docker run --dns=127.0.0.1 --name oo-comm-serv -i -t -d -p 443:443 --restart=always \
-v /opt/onlyoffice/Logs:/var/log/onlyoffice \
-v /opt/onlyoffice/Data:/var/www/onlyoffice/Data \
-v /opt/onlyoffice/MySQL:/var/lib/mysql \
-v /opt/onlyoffice/Nginx:/etc/nginx/sites-enabled:ro onlyoffice/communityserver
# For Document Server:
sudo docker run --dns=127.0.0.1 --name oo-doc-serv -i -t -d -p 80:80 -p 443:443 --restart=always \
-v /opt/onlyoffice/Nginx:/etc/nginx/sites-enabled:ro onlyoffice/documentserver

3) Both servers sit on the same flat network, no firewalls inbetween. Both reside in the same VmWare Infrastructure.

4) The following error from the console is:

DOC_SERV_IP/OfficeWeb/apps/spreadsheeteditor/main/app.js:8 Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.

It keeps on calling the following URL over and over:
https://DOC_SERV_IP/products/files/serv ... 7276278374
mrman

Postby Dean » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:32 am

mrman wrote:Automatic restart
To make Docker automatically restart Community Server containers on reboot, please use the –restart=always parameter in the docker run command:
# For Community Server
sudo docker run --dns=127.0.0.1 --name oo-comm-serv -i -t -d -p 443:443 --restart=always \
-v /opt/onlyoffice/Logs:/var/log/onlyoffice \
-v /opt/onlyoffice/MySQL:/var/lib/mysql \
-v /opt/onlyoffice/Nginx:/etc/nginx/sites-enabled:ro onlyoffice/communityserver
# For Document Server:
sudo docker run --dns=127.0.0.1 --name oo-doc-serv -i -t -d -p 80:80 -p 443:443 --restart=always \
-v /opt/onlyoffice/Nginx:/etc/nginx/sites-enabled:ro onlyoffice/documentserver

Could you please specify the purpose of using '--dns=127.0.0.1' parameter in the docker run?
Could you try running both products without this parameter and without HTTPS?
Dean

Postby mrman » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:58 pm

I run with dns=127.0.0.1 to prevent the slowness in issue: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6582. I'll re-run with dns=127.0.0.1 and let you know.

**Issue Replicated**
I have replicated the issue. If the user opens the document makes a change then saves. Then the error occurs...

Only way to resolve the error is to restart the Document server, which loses all the changes....

Looks like the document server can't commit the changes.

On the Comms server I tried setting the folder permissions to 777... the same issue occurred.

If I make a change and don't refresh the page... I can see the edits. If I refresh the page, I get the message.
mrman

Postby mrman » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:16 am

I tried running the doc server over HTTP, but I can't access my documents as Community server is over HTTPS. Removing dns=127.0.0.1 did nothing.
mrman

Next

Return to Documents