Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Performance Issues with docker-compose

Performance Issues with docker-compose

Postby Claudius » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:57 pm

Hi,
i installed document, community and mail server with docker compose on a ESX VM with 8 cores and 8 GB ram. I experience performance issues; it takes forever to start editing a document. The first idea i had was to use an external database on a dedicated MySQL server. I have found the oo docker docs over there:

https://hub.docker.com/search/?q=onlyof ... ullCount=0

They describe how to use an external MySQL database for Community and Mailserver but not for the Document server. Are there any experiences with oo performance tuning? Am i on the right way with my idea to use an external database? Should i use the same background variables for documents like for community, eg. MYSQL_SERVER_*****="someserver" ?

Thank you in advance for your attention and response

Claudius
Claudius

Re: Performance Issues with docker-compose

Postby Claudius » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:11 pm

*** Update ***

I reinitialized oo documents, community and mailserver with three MySQL databases on a dedicated MySQL server. It is clearly faster now. Any additional ideas for performance tuning? I think i could use a dedicated docker server ....

Best regards
Claudius
Claudius

Postby AnaMih » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:54 pm

Unfortunately, there are no all-in-one recipes for performance tuning.
BTW, please, check the traffic in Firebug, there may be some pending requests.
AnaMih

Postby Claudius » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:24 pm

>> "BTW, please, check the traffic in Firebug, there may be some pending requests." <<
i don't understand your suggestion, but i installed Firefox & Firebug (I use chromium as my day to day browser). How should i see pending requests in Firebug? Shouldn't i be emailed about pending requests?
Claudius

Postby AnaMih » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:16 pm

Any Browser Console (f12) may be used (such as firebug in Firefox or console in Chrome and so on) to see how long the requests are being performed.
AnaMih

Return to Documents