Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Slow performance on docker installation

Slow performance on docker installation

Postby muuzmuuz » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:10 am

Hi there,

first of all I wanna make you guys a compliment, you're doing a great job developing your product. I haven't seen anything comparably good in a while.

Now here's our problem:

We installed the docker container of the document-/community server on one of our machines. However, we're experiencing slow responsiveness of our installation. Sometimes a simple click on "Projects" can take up to 5 seconds. Our system is configured on an Ubuntu Server v14.04 and provided with 8GB Ram and 4 CPU's, so I suppose resources shouldn't be an issue. If there's any known problems or recommendations on how to make OnlyOffice perform better I would highly appreciate any input. Also, if you need any further info/logs just tell me what you need.

In any case, thanks already in advance for replies!
muuzmuuz

Re: Slow performance on docker installation

Postby Dean » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:07 pm

We are working on the performance speed now. At the moment it may work slow, but if there are no errors in the browser console, it's only the performance issue.
Dean

Postby CinnabarJack » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:17 am

Getting back to the comment about 8GB RAM and 4 CPUs, is there a way to allocate resources to containers, or is that even required?
CinnabarJack

Postby Dean » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:27 am

We don't think that it is necessary for your configuration. But there is a way to do that: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26841846/how-to-allocate-50-cpu-resource-to-docker-container
Dean

Return to Miscellaneous