Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Unable to view document server on MacOS: Sierra

Issues during installation and related to database

Re: Unable to view document server on MacOS: Sierra

Postby Maxim » Wed May 31, 2017 9:41 am

So let's do it another way.
Docker ps

See what containers are working
Stop them all, delete them all, delete also installation script if you downloaded it before
and run installation process again installing OnlyOffice Comminity Edition
Code: Select all
bash opensource-install.sh -ims false

I advice you to use installation script
Maxim

Postby acb24 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:00 pm

Hi Maxim,

Thank you for your reply and kind advice.

Based on your advice, I did the following:
1. Saw the containers that were currently
2. Stopped all the containers
3. Deleted all the containers
4. Deleted all the docker images
5. Then downloaded and installed the opensource-install.sh script that you had advised to use in the previous post.

It seemed to have worked now because within 10 minutes, I was able to enter the details and move on to the main screen of OpenOffice.

However, looks like the previous DNS error seems to have resurfaced somehow, because:
1. When I registered on the portal, I gave my email address and never received any confirmation email from OnlyOffice
2. When I invite colleagues on the portal, I usually just manually copy the link and send it via another email service. When they tried accessing it, the DNS error in the browser resurfaced
3. The next time, I directly clicked on one of the spreadsheets and shared it to an email address directly by using those embedded "share via email" icons, though it showed me a message saying "Mails sent successfully", nothing actually went out ..

I am working from within an organization, so probably there's a firewall issue?
Or, is it because I did not mention or explicitly mention to VirtualBox that I need the following ports to be opened. This is what I did:
1. VM > Devices > Network > Network Settings > Adapter 1 > Advanced > Port Forwarding >
2. Here, with TCP as the protocol selected (attached to NAT), I have created several rules with the following guest port numbers added:
80, 993, 110, 995, 587, 8081, 3306, 5222, 443, 5280, 300, 3020, 25, 465, 143

Is this the right way to be communicating with the virtual machine to open the ports as clearly mails don't go out and the external members cannot access the portal as well? Please advise.
acb24

Postby Maxim » Wed May 31, 2017 12:25 pm

Is this the right way to be communicating with the virtual machine to open the ports as clearly mails don't go out and the external members cannot access the portal as well?

I think that your virtual machine is not accessible. You should try not to use virtual machine or change network settings (or smth. like this) in virtual machine maybe. But it's clear that this is a problem.
Maxim

Postby acb24 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:31 pm

Dear Maxim,

I completely agree with you. How do you suggest that I proceed with this?

Instead of using a VirtualBox, do you suggest that I try it on a machine which has Ubuntu or Linux Mint directly installed on it? Do you believe that it would solve the problem?

Please let me know.
acb24

Postby Maxim » Wed May 31, 2017 12:44 pm

I would try if i had a possibility, just to exclude the problem with VirtualBox or install on VirtualBox any application which requires access from outside to be sure that the problem is not connected with VirtualBox.
Maxim

Postby acb24 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:52 pm

Thanks Maxim. I will try installing OnlyOffice directly on my colleague's computer running Linux Mint (no VirtualBox in this case) and keep you updated on the progress.
But then I use the web browser in VirtualBox the regular Gmail web application to send emails to my personal email ID...and this seems to work. (To answer your first question). Or, do you want me to download any other application and spin up a process to see if connections can be made outside the application from within the application? Any suggestions of such an application which I can use to test?
Please advise.
acb24

Postby acb24 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:48 pm

Dear Maxim, Team,

I have now stopped running OnlyOffice on VirtualBox. I was able to find a laptop with Windows + Ubuntu installed side by side.

So, when I run OnlyOffice with the following commands:

Step 1: wget http://download.onlyoffice.com/install/ ... install.sh <no changes to the file, using as it is>
Step 2: sudo bash opensource-install.sh -ims false

And, when I navigate to my browser and type "localhost", it initializes the portal this time correctly, but instead of taking me to the ONLYOFFICE registration page where I am supposed to key-in my admin email id and password etc, it takes me to the OnlyOffice AUTHORIZATION page where I am expected to have a user-name and password already (but I do not..).

1. I un-installed the entire setup (stopped containers, removed containers, removed images, removed network drive) and re-installed the entire thing again, but it still takes me to the authorization page and not the welcome page.

2. In the "Welcome" page, I also selected "Forgot my password" and entered my email ID hoping to receive a password by mail, but the old OnlyOffice related email/connectivity issue that I have been facing re-surfaced again because I do not receive any email (outgoing) mails sent from OnlyOffice portal. :(

I am really not sure what could be wrong with my setup. Any pointers to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Please let me know if you would like to have a look at the output of my containers (which are currently running) - if going through the log helps. I will upload it online and provide the access link here.
acb24

Postby acb24 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:56 pm

Please read through the issue status just above this post,

The logs (for community server) is pasted below: (If it helps debug the root cause)

Code: Select all
$ docker logs onlyoffice-community-server
 * Restarting nginx nginx                                                       start-stop-daemon: warning: failed to kill 12485: No such process
                                                                         [ OK ]
onlyoffice: [Debug] Fix docker bug volume mapping for mysql
- check record delete-chain
- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/mysql/proc'
Data records: 10
- Fixing index 1
 * Starting MySQL database server mysqld                                 [ OK ]
 * Checking for tables which need an upgrade, are corrupt or were
not closed cleanly.

sed: can't read /etc/cron.d/onlyoffice: No such file or directory
onlyoffice ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/service
Starting redis-server: redis-server.
fix docker bug volume mapping for onlyoffice
Starting monoserve... OK
ping monoserve get status_code: 502
Starting monoserve2... OK
ping monoserve get status_code: 502
Starting monoserveApiSystem... OK
Starting onlyofficeFeed... OK
Starting onlyofficeIndex... OK
Starting onlyofficeJabber... OK
Starting onlyofficeMailAggregator... OK
ping monoserve get status_code: 200
Starting onlyofficeMailWatchdog... OK
ping monoserve get status_code: 200
Starting onlyofficeNotify... OK
Starting onlyofficeBackup... OK
onlyofficeSignalR is not running
onlyofficeAutoreply is not running
onlyofficeHealthCheck: unrecognized service
Restarting god... The server is not available (or you do not have permissions to access it)
OK
 * Reloading nginx nginx                                                 [ OK ]
onlyoffice: [Debug] reload nginx config
onlyoffice: [Debug] FINISH
acb24

Postby acb24 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:47 pm

Update with respect to the previous 2 posts.

From mu Ubuntu machine, in the "Connection Information" section, I could see 3 tabs with 3 different IP addresses.

The first one, I am not sure what it corresponds to - this led me to the onlyoffice authorization page
The third tab, represents the WiFi currently being used for the laptop also led me to the onlyoffice authorization page
The second tab, represents the "docker" and the IP address which I found there worked and I am now able to access the documents, spreadsheets etc in OnlyOffice portal, however:

The following issues still persist:
1. OnlyOffice portal does not send me any emails or guest portal/ document share links or email notifications [EMAIL/notifications from within onlyoffice does not work]
2. OnlyOffice portal guest portal link (for others to join..) works only from the server's browser, but my other colleagues in the same network are neither able to receive automated email invitations nor are able to access the link.
3. My docker shows "bridge" connection in the driver settings. Are there any firewall/ IP settings/ or ports that I manually need to tweak for my onlyoffice application to be able to send out emails? and for others to access the link (at least in the office premises?)

Please advise.
acb24

Postby acb24 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:00 pm

Figured this out :D
It was the SMTP settings that was required to be changed for the portal to send out emails and invites!
Tried out with my personal gmail account and then with my organisation SMTP configuration too!
Works like a charm now.

Thanks for all the support and help.
acb24

PreviousNext

Return to Installation issues