Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Unable to view document server on MacOS: Sierra

Issues during installation and related to database

Unable to view document server on MacOS: Sierra

Postby acb24 » Mon May 29, 2017 5:05 pm

Dear Team,

I have tried to install the free version of onlyoffice on my MacBook running MacOS Sierra. I downloaded Docker and ran the following command on the terminal:
" sudo docker run -i -t -d -p 80:80 onlyoffice/documentserver "
A large alphanumeric string appeared as the output and then when I tried entering "localhost" on my browser, I get the following message on the browser screen " Thank you for choosing ONLYOFFICE! Document Server is running (with a green tick mark}. Any questions?
Explore ONLYOFFICE™ Document Server API Documentation
or visit our developers forum."

But I am not sure why I cannot access the onlyoffice main page where I can edit documents, spreadsheets in real time? What step am I missing here? [

Any pointers to proceed would be greatly appreciated!
acb24

Re: Unable to view document server on MacOS: Sierra

Postby Maxim » Tue May 30, 2017 5:32 am

Hello acb24!
You installed Document Server successfully! You should use our API to integrate Document Server into your environment. i think you should install Community Edition or Enterprise Edition.
Maxim

Postby acb24 » Tue May 30, 2017 6:01 am

Thank you Maxim for the kind response.

After that, I downloaded virtualbox, installed Ubuntu on it and then compiled OnlyOffice, it seemed to start up okay..I was able to create a sample document and test it.

However, when I invite other people to my portal and when they access the link which I send them, "The server's DNS address could not be found"

Request you to please advise what the issue could be and how I can proceed to solve it. Thank you.
acb24

Postby Maxim » Tue May 30, 2017 7:29 am

Hello acb24!
"The server's DNS address could not be found" - maybe it's not the answer you expected from me but this is it.
I suppose your server is not accessible from extern.
Maxim

Postby acb24 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:53 pm

Thank you for your response!
Looks like there was some issue - I opened several ports in my virtual box, still didn't seem to help. I uninstalled the whole thing and re-built it this time with docker-compose instead of the other method above, I can see that the containers get created correctly, but when I type localhost in my browser...it shows "The portal start up process may take some time, please do not shut down etc.." and the same message is on my browser screen for the past 40 minutes, is this a part of the usual behaviour?
Because when I ran the steps yesterday (without using docker compose..), it ran and got installed on my browser in a jiffy. I am wondering what could be wrong.
The only change I can think of is yesterday I had used the public IP of my MacBook to execute the second script in the terminal (in the place of yourdomain.com), but today when I used wget, I manually edited the mail host domain to reflect the IP address of my Mac (from ifconfig) and not my public IP..Is this correct? Should I be compiling it with my public IP (got from the browser) or with my IP (reflected on the Mac)?
Any other possibility why the portal page seems to be loading for so long on my machine?
Any pointers to proceed would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.
acb24

Postby Maxim » Wed May 31, 2017 6:39 am

Hello acb24!
"The portal start up process may take some time, please do not shut down etc.." - it's a warming process, it loads so long because some of the processes didn't start correctly or couldn't start for some reason.
Maxim

Postby acb24 » Wed May 31, 2017 6:46 am

Thanks so much for your answer!
Is there a way I can see which processes are not running or having trouble to start?
So, is 45 min an average time for the portal to start? (I clearly remember that it was much lesser the last time I ran it, and I could also see a progress bar with percentage % of the status on it), but this time no % indication, just the warming up went on for long. It would be very helpful to know what are the processes that have trouble in starting/re-starting..is there a way I can find this out?
acb24

Postby Maxim » Wed May 31, 2017 7:08 am

Use next command to see info while starting container, you should enter the community-server container
Code: Select all
docker logs onlyoffice-community-server

To see processes
Maxim

Postby acb24 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:21 am

Thank you for the response.

May I please confirm the following with you, before I proceed to execute these steps.

1. I need to open another terminal window and then track the logs as the container(community-server) starts up, right?

2. And, while running the script below:
URL: https://github.com/ONLYOFFICE/Docker-Co ... il-servers
In this I am following the steps given under: "Installing ONLYOFFICE Community Server integrated with Document and Mail Servers"

What IP address should I be providing under the yourdomain.com in this case? I am working for an organisation and my MacBook ifconfig shows a different IP address and if I go over to my browser and check, I get a different public IP address? Which is the one I should be using in my case?

Please advise.
acb24

Postby acb24 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:44 am

This is the output from the logs when I ran the community server:
sudo docker logs onlyoffice-community-server
 * Restarting nginx nginx                                                       
start-stop-daemon: warning: failed to kill 12485: No such process
                                                                         [ OK ]
Installing MySQL system tables...
170530 20:40:04 [Warning] Using unique option prefix key_buffer instead of key_buffer_size is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Please use the full name instead.
170530 20:40:04 [Note] Ignoring --secure-file-priv value as server is running with --bootstrap.
170530 20:40:04 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld (mysqld 5.5.55-0ubuntu0.14.04.1) starting as process 78 ...
OK
Filling help tables...
170530 20:40:04 [Warning] Using unique option prefix key_buffer instead of key_buffer_size is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Please use the full name instead.
170530 20:40:04 [Note] Ignoring --secure-file-priv value as server is running with --bootstrap.
170530 20:40:04 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld (mysqld 5.5.55-0ubuntu0.14.04.1) starting as process 84 ...
OK

To start mysqld at boot time you have to copy
support-files/mysql.server to the right place for your system

PLEASE REMEMBER TO SET A PASSWORD FOR THE MySQL root USER !
To do so, start the server, then issue the following commands:

/usr/bin/mysqladmin -u root password 'new-password'
/usr/bin/mysqladmin -u root -h 0d85c3c0a554 password 'new-password'

Alternatively you can run:
/usr/bin/mysql_secure_installation

which will also give you the option of removing the test
databases and anonymous user created by default.  This is
strongly recommended for production servers.

See the manual for more instructions.

You can start the MySQL daemon with:
cd /usr ; /usr/bin/mysqld_safe &

You can test the MySQL daemon with mysql-test-run.pl
cd /usr/mysql-test ; perl mysql-test-run.pl

Please report any problems at http://bugs.mysql.com/

* Starting MySQL database server mysqld                                 [ OK ]
 * Checking for tables which need an upgrade, are corrupt or were
not closed cleanly.
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

* Restarting nginx nginx                                                       start-stop-daemon: warning: failed to kill 49: No such process
                                                                         [ OK ]
onlyoffice: [Debug] Fix docker bug volume mapping for mysql
- check record delete-chain
- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/mysql/proc'
Data records: 10
- Fixing index 1
 * Starting MySQL database server mysqld                                 [ OK ]
 * Checking for tables which need an upgrade, are corrupt or were
not closed cleanly.
acb24

Next

Return to Installation issues