Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Document Server - Times out

Issues during installation and related to database

Document Server - Times out

Postby sbeaver » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:18 pm

We are evaluating OnlyOffice.

The current version of Community Server was downloaded this week and installed per the instructions on a Centos 7 VM. It works well. A have been able to create users & groups, create folders, upload documents etc.

We downloaded Document server and installed it per the LInux install instructions. At first I was not able to get Community Server to communicate with the Document server. Then I realized that the settings provided in the instructions ( ... erver.aspx) are in a different order to the settings boxes in the configuration settings page :( Once I fixed this and put the correct settings in the correct boxes, the settings saved successfully and a pencil icon appeared alongside my documents. - It would really help if that document were changed to match the settings page!

When I click on the edit icon (pencil) a new window opens and I see "Loading" plus a small animation. After several seconds I see a "The connection is too slow, some of the components could not be loaded. Please reload the page." message.

These are the settings I installed:

Document Editing Service Address ... nts/api.js
Document Command Service Address ... rvice.ashx
Document Storage Service Address
Document Conversion Service Address
Community Server Address

Both servers are on the same subnet. There are no firewall rules or other restrictions. I have verified communications between both servers.

I would appreciate your advice on how to trouble-shoot this issue. I have tested with IP addresses instead of host names. The results are the same.

Re: Document Server - Times out

Postby Maxim » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:57 am

Hello sbeaver!
Maybe your issue is connected to your another one. There are no fonts and as a result you won't be able to edit file.

Return to Installation issues