Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Mail Server Integration

Issues during installation and related to database

Mail Server Integration

Postby czerr » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:25 am

Hi Everybody,

I installed the excellent product ONLYOFFICE on a DEBIAN JESSIE 8.6

Document Server and Community Server installed using this method (i don't want to use Docker image ...)

https://helpcenter.onlyoffice.com/serve ... ation.aspx
and
https://helpcenter.onlyoffice.com/serve ... ation.aspx

Everything is ok. Now, i want to use mail to synchronize my users with our internal mail server on Imap.

First question : Do i have to install Onlyoffice Mail Server for this ?
2nd question : If i have to install OnlOffice Mail Server, is the any tutorial for installation ? (i don't want to use Docker ...) How can i configure Mail Server with my existing Community Server ...?

Thanks a Lot. Christophe
czerr

Re: Mail Server Integration

Postby Maxim » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:50 pm

Hello!
If you have already your Mail Server you don't have to install ONLYOFFICE Mail Server. You can use Community Server as an Aggregator of emails.
More info see here
We are glad that you enjoy our product!
Maxim

Postby czerr » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:47 am

Hi Maxim,

Thanks for your Answer. I'm at home and i install community server on my personnal pc.

i created an mail account in Community Server and i synchronized it on my Gmail account with imap protocol.

Everything is ok, except Drafts and Trash folders which are not synchronized ... (Inbox and Sent folders are OK ...)

Have you got any idea ? Is there any config file where i can modify something for mail synchro ?

Thank you. Christophe
czerr

Postby Maxim » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:49 am

Hello!
These folders don't synchronize with mail server because there is no need to do that within the portal. First of all Community Server is just an Aggregator it doesn't work like EMAIL Server. Let's imagine that Community Server has 10000 emails which server must process, it's quite difficult and to reduce the load on server we had to limit email folders synchronization.
Maxim

Postby czerr » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:45 am

Hi Maxim,

Thanks for your anwser. You are right.

Best regards,

Christophe
czerr

Postby hellooptical » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:29 pm

Hi Maxim,

I realy don't see the point of having an halfly working mail client.

everyone now a days have there mail on multiple divices (smartphone/pc/web/tablet), so it need to wordk in both directions.

im now working for 2 weeks with OO and I like the document/project and crm tool a lot, also connecting mail to an crm relation great....... But on my phone I have al the mail un-read but in OO they are. if I want to answer an email from my phone and maybe after wort connect them to an crm relation then that would be very handy.. but now not possible beceause there is now full relation / sync between mailerser and OO.

an other Problem with the email intergration is dat jou don't have subfolder so you can work with a empty inbox pollisy (Delete/Do/Deligate).

If this is not possible then I need to go looking for an other solution, but I think OO is overall a great tool. So any tips to work around this or to change de software a bit around.
hellooptical

Postby Maxim » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:29 am

Hello hellooptical!
We know that it's not comfortable for a user and we are working on solution of the issue.
Maxim

Return to Installation issues