Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

OnlyOffice install Ubuntu 14.04 - Editors?

Issues during installation and related to database

OnlyOffice install Ubuntu 14.04 - Editors?

Postby 5mall5nail5 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:47 pm

Hi all,

I've installed OnlyOffice on Ubuntu 14.04 in accordance to this link: http://helpcenter.onlyoffice.com/server ... ation.aspx

So, after it completes, I go to my http://myipaddress and I am presented with:

ONLYOFFICE™ Online Editors

Get started with a demo-sample of ONLYOFFICE™ Online Editors, the first html5-based editors. You may upload your own documents for testing using the "Choose file" button and selecting the necessary files on your PC.

This doesn't appear to actually install OnlyOffice it just installs the online editor. So, I followed this tutorial: http://www.unixmen.com/how-to-install-o ... e-for-sme/

That results in me having the UI asking for OnlyOffice Document Portal but no online editors! I want both! What am I missing here?

Thanks all!

Jon
5mall5nail5

Re: OnlyOffice install Ubuntu 14.04 - Editors?

Postby Dean » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:26 pm

Hello,

As far as I understand, after all actions you performed, you should have three ONLYOFFICE products running. Please check it by performing 'sudo docker ps' and send me the results.
Dean

Postby 5mall5nail5 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:42 pm

Dean wrote:Hello,

As far as I understand, after all actions you performed, you should have three ONLYOFFICE products running. Please check it by performing 'sudo docker ps' and send me the results.

Hi Dean - I am not running docker. I am running it right in an Ubuntu VM.

I can create you an account if you'd like to check my installation.
5mall5nail5

Postby Dean » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:52 am

Oh, OK. Didn't get it, sorry.

Anyway, if you're not using Docker, all the ONLYOFFICE products should be installed on two separate machines. Otherwise you will meet the problems with ports and MySQL connection.
Dean

Postby Litany » Tue May 10, 2016 2:50 pm

I'm in the op's position but I seem to be missing some key functionalities such as making a new document or several advanced settings. All I've installed is the document server. Is the community server required for these other functions?

"ONLYOFFICE™ Online Editors

Get started with a demo-sample of ONLYOFFICE™ Online Editors, the first html5-based editors. You may upload your own documents for testing using the "Choose file" button and selecting the necessary files on your PC."

I can't share documents or work collaboratively at all. I can upload and edit files fine though.

Installed with Docker.
CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
63cf808199f4 onlyoffice/documentserver "/bin/sh -c 'bash -C " About an hour ago Up About an hour 0.0.0.0:80->80/tcp, 443/tcp amazing_shockley
Litany

Postby Litany » Tue May 10, 2016 2:53 pm

I'm in the op's position but I seem to be missing some key functionalities such as making a new document or several advanced settings. All I've installed is the document server. Is the community server required for these other functions?

"ONLYOFFICE™ Online Editors

Get started with a demo-sample of ONLYOFFICE™ Online Editors, the first html5-based editors. You may upload your own documents for testing using the "Choose file" button and selecting the necessary files on your PC."

I can't share documents or work collaboratively at all. I can upload and edit files fine though.

Installed with Docker.
CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
63cf808199f4 onlyoffice/documentserver "/bin/sh -c 'bash -C " About an hour ago Up About an hour 0.0.0.0:80->80/tcp, 443/tcp amazing_shockley
Litany

Postby Dean » Wed May 11, 2016 7:48 am

Hello,

Please note, that ONLYOFFICE™ Document Server includes the document editor, document editing service and document conversion service. The document manager and document storage service are either included to Community Server or must be implemented by the software integrators who use ONLYOFFICE™ Document Server on their own server.

It is described on the Integration page: http://api.onlyoffice.com/editors/howitworks
Dean

Return to Installation issues