Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Installing on windows 2008

Issues during installation and related to database

Installing on windows 2008

Postby sepehr741 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:53 am

Hello

I've been trying to install the system on linux using one click installation method to test the system, but when in converting an error happens (mainly when several files are being uploaded), then system goes down.
I change the server to a windows 2008 server and installed the Onlyoffice and it works fine itself, but when I install the document server, again it goes down and when I try to reach the web page, it tries for ages and without any result.
I found two different guides on the help center for doing it: one says that just run the installation and all are done, and the other one says after that we need to modify two files in both Onlyoffice and the Document server plust small sql script.
It's not clear which one is newer, and what's the problem (I tried both methods).

Thanks in advance for any help.
sepehr741

Re: Installing on windows 2008

Postby Dean » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:33 pm

Hello,

Do you install Community and Document Editors on two separate machines?
Dean

Postby ORI » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:18 pm

I tried installing OnlyOffice DocumentServer 3.0 on Windows Server 2008 and the exact same thing happens to me... when I try to access any resource at all on the installed OnlyOffice website, it just hangs forever.

When installing, the installation seems to get to the very end and then finally says that there was a problem installing one of the components... but it appears that everything was added correctly (the OnlyOffice website is listed in IIS, and I see a lot of files and directories). The installation log didn't give much helpful info as to what failed (just says that one of the components failed to install, or something general like that).
ORI

Postby Alex » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:02 pm

To ORI:
Please note that Microsoft Windows Server 2012(R2) (and later) is required for Document Server 3.0
Please follow the link to find the requirements
Alex

Return to Installation issues