Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Error 404 on Restart

Issues during installation and related to database

Error 404 on Restart

Postby EXMTech » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:34 pm

Hi!

I'm testing out Community and Document server, both are installed on separate boxes, both Ubuntu 16.10, installed directly from the repository and not . The document server works well and I even linked it to my OwnCloud server.

However, Community server has given me a couple problems. It work initially on install, but would stick with the local IP (192.168.31.15) instead of the domain name (lets say portal.domain.com) it uses the local IP for everything, including email invites, similar to http://dev.onlyoffice.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=9446, except when I logged in using domain name and created an invite, it still uses the local/internal IP. That's a minor issue however.

More importantly, I ran updates on the Ubuntu server and had to restart the machine - on restart, community server went from working to giving me a 404 error when I attempted to access it. I tried to get in via portal.domain.com and 192.168.31.15, both give Error 404.

I tried the same deployment on another Ubuntu box, also 16.10, and I find that if I restart monoserve at any time, the server will give me a 404.

Any help is appreciated.
EXMTech

Re: Error 404 on Restart

Postby Maxim » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:19 am

Hello EXMTech!
both are installed on separate boxes

Do you use two separate virtual machine?
Do you use local domain? DNS Server?
Concerning 404 error please check MySQL status, must be running.
Maxim

Postby EXMTech » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:20 pm

Separate virtual machine? Yes, they're two different VMs on two different hosts (I ran out of space on the first one)
Local domain? I did not. DNS server? I have a local one.
MySQL is running.
EXMTech

Postby Maxim » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:31 am

Hello EXMTech!
1. Sometimes users have problems with VMs cause Onlyoffice needs external access. it happens when network is not configured.
2. "It work initially on install, but would stick with the local IP (192.168.31.15) instead of the domain name" - How can you get access to the Onlyoffice via domain if you use local IP and have no local domain? You should have external IP assigned to a domain or local IP assigned to a local domain (you need domain server, dns server and so on).
3. Try to restart monoserve service
Code: Select all
sudo service monoserve stop
sudo service monoserve start

Code: Select all
service monoserve status
Maxim

Postby EXMTech » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:06 pm

In regards to 1 - I'm sure network is configured - I can access the server internally and I can access OnlyOffice externally.
2 - We have a domain assigned, in the form of office.domain.com. This passes through via our Sophos firewall into a virtual webserver which then connects to the OnlyOffice server. Ex:
[ office.domain.com ] -> [ Internet ] -> [ Firewall ] -> [ Virtual Webserver ] -> [ Firewall Routing ] -> [ OnlyOffice server (192.168.31.15) ]

3 - Restart monoserve causes OnlyOffice to 404.
EXMTech

Postby Maxim » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:49 am

Hello EXMTech!
Please send via PM your logs of Community and Document Servers.
Maxim

Return to Installation issues