Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Relay mail through third party smtp

Tech support for Enterprise Version

Relay mail through third party smtp

Postby Georgas » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:48 pm

Hello,
I have question where I can setup for new added domain name to use third party smtp relay ? Our server still on trial license but after setup we will purchase normal license just need to make sure all things working as expected . First let me explain why third party smtp important to us , because we setup onlyoffice on new dedicated server and there are new ip so it will take very long time to warm up this ip before all emails will be delivered to recipients without bouncing or going to the spam folder . We already had this problem so why we are using reliable third party smtp server to send emails . With our current setup it was easy just had to add few lines to sendmail configuration file and thats it and all send emails was sent through that smtp server . I know onlyoffice has in settings option to setup smtp server but from my understanding it's only for notifications right ?
Georgas

Re: Relay mail through third party smtp

Postby Maxim » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:40 am

Hello Georgas!
You can connect to portal your email account (Google, Yahoo, Yandex and so on) in Mail section as a user.
You can configure email notifications in Settings->SMTP Settings.
And as an administrator you can configure your mail server in Mail section
Mail.png
Mail.png (25.14 KiB) Viewed 414 times
Maxim

Postby Georgas » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:40 am

Hello Maxim,
Thanks for reply , I just finished all the setup and I click DNS Settings I can't edit anything in there just view mode only . What I try to setup is to use Postmark as my relay server . Here is example how I had it setup through Postfix
Code: Select all
#start postmarkapps settings
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtp_sasl_password_maps = static:secret:secret (where "secret is your API token")
smtp_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
smtp_tls_security_level = may
smtp_tls_loglevel = 1
relayhost = [smtp.postmarkapp.com]:25
##end postmarkapp settings

And all emails are sent through postmark server. I am not very familiar with docker so I guess I need to edit some file inside it . Maybe you can point me to the right direction where I can find Postfix main.cf to edit , I understand that it's probably will be rewritten after update but it's ok. after updates I will apply my changes again . Thank you .
Georgas

Postby Georgas » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:05 am

Ok. I think I found file location just one question which file should I edit main.cf or main.cf.2017.04.07.18.47.50 ?
Georgas

Postby Maxim » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:22 am

Hello Georgas!
You should edit main.cf
Maxim

Return to Enterprise Version