Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Timezone

Tech support for Enterprise Version

Timezone

Postby kiar » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:09 am

Hello,

I want to understand how the timezone works, in the particular case of shared calendars :

1) We can setup the timezone in the Control Panel, and for each calendar : which have priority on the other ?

2) We are two admins. I can change the timezone on each of my calendars, and I can immediately see the change ( using chrome on linux ), but it doesn't work for my co-worker ( using safari on mac ) : there is no time update.
Is there a log file to find the error ? What can possibly be the error ?
I have shown in /app/onlyoffice/CommunityServer/logs/web.$date.log, but didn't found anything helpful.

3) If a Alice share a calendar to a group with false timezone, do each member of the group have to update manually the timezone ?
I tried to change the timezone by Alice, but it not seems to change the timezone by the other users.

Thanks !
kiar

Re: Timezone

Postby kiar » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:34 pm

kiar wrote:2) We are two admins. I can change the timezone on each of my calendars, and I can immediately see the change ( using chrome on linux ), but it doesn't work for my co-worker ( using safari on mac ) : there is no time update.
Is there a log file to find the error ? What can possibly be the error ?
I have shown in /app/onlyoffice/CommunityServer/logs/web.$date.log, but didn't found anything helpful.

This point is solved.
kiar

Postby Maxim » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:05 am

Hello kiar!
1 TimeZone in installation wizard (i mean whole portal) is different of your calendar.
2 When you share your calendar you share it with option "Full access" or "Read only". There is an entry in the database in the profile of user who you shared calendar. Now There are two different calendars which can be changed both of them.
3 After sharing user can edit timezone, name etc.
Maxim

Postby fmoses » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:58 pm

My timezones for the portal is setup up for EST, as well as for each calendar, yet ical additions, or Google calendar invites show a major discrepency on the times. For example a 2:30pm appointment shows as 10:30 am. What can be causing this?
fmoses

Postby Maxim » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:15 am

Hello fmoses!
Please check "Time Zone" in calendars. Calendar doesn't change time or "fix" time to the portals timezone, it will show the time as it was imported.
Maxim

Postby fmoses » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:35 pm

Thanks yes as I read the thread above, I went and checked the time zones for each calendar and saw that they were set for EST, however it is still off, meaning it doesn't either adjust for the sender's time zone to reflect our time zone, nor does it even record the proper time if we are in the same time zone. As I mentioned in my above post 1:30 pm EST timed .ics appointments, come in as 10:30 am EST times.
fmoses

Return to Enterprise Version