Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Documents saving

Tech support for Enterprise Version

Documents saving

Postby dsi-lille » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:38 pm

Hi,

we had some problems with documents saving.
If i understood how it's works : as long as a user modify a document, the changes are not save in the community server. The changes remains in the document server (database and cache).
It's problematic because there is no session limit with the document server. A user can open a document and the connection remains actif until the user close the window.
If during this timelaps, we reboot the document server (for an update for example) all the change are lost.

It would be better if there were a session time limit on the document server (like if a user don't perform any modification during one hour, the session is shutdown)
Even better, if the changes of a document could be save on the community server each time a user close the window, it would be awesome.

I hope my explanations are clear :)

Thanks for your help !
Yoann.
dsi-lille

Re: Documents saving

Postby Maxim » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:58 am

Hello!
Now we are testing time limit session and i hope we will update Community Server next release.
And you're right about the changes in a document, until the session is open the final document has no these changes. But when you close the browser tab (if you opened the doc only) the changes will be applied. In case of collaborative work the changes will be applied after closing of browser tab by last user.
Maxim

Re: Documents saving

Postby dsi-lille » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:13 am

Hello,

thanks a lot for your quick answer and your explanation :)
Good news about the time limit session !

I also hope that this improvement will be in the next update :)

Yoann
dsi-lille

Return to Enterprise Version