[API] Admin privilege

Tech support for Enterprise Version

Re: [API] Admin privilege

Postby dsi-lille » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:29 am

Hello Maxim,

thanks for your answer !
Great news about this new feature :)
But what about a feature like i said :
Is there a way to generate a specific user token with an admin account ?
If not, is it possible to add a feature like this to the authentication method (https://api.onlyoffice.com/portals/meth ... entication) like an "Act As" parameter.

I'm a little annoying about this but we really need to manage all the user's files (especially for support purposes).

Thanks,
Yoann
dsi-lille

Postby Maxim » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:04 am

Hello Yoann!
It is supposed that admin will be able to manage not all user's files but common files only. I suppose that such method will not be added. We cannot give access to all user's files if someone didn't share a file it means it's a private one.
Maxim

Postby dsi-lille » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:01 am

Hello Maxim,

We cannot give access to all user's files if someone didn't share a file it means it's a private one.

i agree with you only IF OnlyOffice is use in a personal environment. In an business/enterprise environment, i think it makes sense that admins can manage all the user files (like in office 365 https://support.office.com/en-us/articl ... a0d7531604).

We use OnlyOffice on our own servers, so technically we already have access to all user files. But what I ask is a simple way to do it ...

Thanks,
Yoann

edit : a sentence was in french ^^'
dsi-lille

Postby dsi-lille » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:57 am

Hello Maxim,

i have a situation where my request takes his full meaning
We have a file containing sensitive data, the data is so sensitive that the file should not belong on our onlyoffice platform.
more, the user has activated the share link...
for avoid any leak, we want to deactivate the share link

Is there any way to do this without the file owner ? (we try to contact the owner of the file but without success for the moment)

Thanks,
Yoann
dsi-lille

Postby Maxim » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:16 am

Hello Yoann!
Has he activated the share link to full access user? if yes, in that case full access user can block access to that file. If he shared with external link i would delete (remove) this file locally on a server. Or you can change it in database.
Maxim

Postby dsi-lille » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:25 am

Hello Maxim,

thanks for your answer, so the only way is to delete the file on the server.
But there is information about the file recorded in the database no ? Only delete the file on the server will not cause problems ?

Anyway, i'm sure i will not be the only user having the problem.
With your SaaS solution, i can understand that the admin have not a full access to the user's file
But with your enterprise edition : an enterprise need to keep the control on his data (and my situation prove it).
Making your API evolve to allow the administrator to do administration task as I describe it in my previous posts will really make life easier for us.

Thanks a lot,
Yoann
dsi-lille

Previous

Return to Enterprise Version