Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Adding documents to document storage service

Any issues about docs (uploading, editing and etc.)

Adding documents to document storage service

Postby ooeval » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:35 pm

Hi,

I am looking at OO for browser based editing of word documents (well actually DOCX and ODT files). However our web application server currently generates these documents but we want to allow the user to edit using a browser based editor and then save.

So in short:

a) Web app generates document in back-end using templates
b) Redirects user to new page with OO editor. User cannot "open" or "upload" any document. Server generated doc is automatically opened and all user can do is "save" in this scenario
c) User saves document
c) If amended, edited document is sent back to our application for subsequent processing and storage

I have eval of developer edition and installed document server. I can see in the API docs that the storage service is used to actually retrieve the document by using ID and URL. The URL of the document seems to be the document server in examples.

Would I need to somehow update the document storage service programatically and assign permissions to the document for editing. Is there an API for this ? Can the URL to retreive the document be any end-point for example a REST call that provides the data for the document in binary e.g.

new DocsAPI.DocEditor("placeholder", {
"document": {
"fileType": "docx",
"key": "Khirz6zTPdfd7",
"title": "My Generated Document.docx",
"url": "http://myapplicationserver/myapplication/GetDocument/122223444443232"
},
"documentType": "text"
});

Thanks
ooeval

Re: Adding documents to document storage service

Postby Maxim » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:27 am

Hello ooeval!
Is there an API for this ?

You can visit our API
Can the URL to retreive the document be any end-point for example a REST call that provides the data for the document in binary e.g.
Yes it can
Maxim

Return to Documents