Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

No auto-reonnect after connection problems

Any issues about docs (uploading, editing and etc.)

No auto-reonnect after connection problems

Postby drozja » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:12 pm

Hello to staff and OO developers,

we're experiencing an issue regarding document editor. We got into (occasional) situation, when user is disconnected from the Internet (either by outage or by himself) and is working with OnlyOffice Document Editor.

Even when the Internet connection is re-established, OnlyOffice are not able to recognize and will not save any changes done to the document (after reconnection).

Are you aware of this issue? Is there any fix or workaround?
drozja

Re: No auto-reonnect after connection problems

Postby Maxim » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:21 pm

Hello drozja!
Please specify OS of your OnlyOffice server and what OnlyOffice Edition do you use (Community or Enterprise, Docker veкsion or not)?
How often does it happen? Does it happen to one file or any? What browser do you use?
And try to reproduce this issue manually - switch off your local connection (for some time), restore it and open the file again or refresh browser page.
Maxim

Postby drozja » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:57 am

Hello. Sorry for the delay. The answers to your questions below:

1) We're running Ubuntu LTS
2) We have community docker version
3) It happens always, to all files. We use multiple browsers, most often Firefox and Chrome
4) Yes, I tried to reproduce the issue and was successfull - however I can't refresh the page by F5 - in this occasion all my edits during offline are lost...
drozja

Postby Maxim » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:44 pm

Hello!
OnlyOffice saves all chages you've made in cache even the connection was lost. Is there a possobilty to get access to your portal? If not please reinstall OnlyOffice Community Edition. But before please delete old script, docker containers and save (create backup) app/onlyoffice.
Maxim

Return to Documents