Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Onlyoffice redirecting to local IP with Caddy reverse proxy.

IIS, Apache

Onlyoffice redirecting to local IP with Caddy reverse proxy.

Postby relink » Sat May 13, 2017 2:37 am

I have been using only office just fine through an nginx reverse proxy thats built into my synology, but I cant use the synology for a reverse proxy anymore, so Im trying to switch over to using caddy.

I am trying to reverse proxy several different home servers to different sub domains i have. Below are the first two I have setup, the first one works just fine and the second is onlyoffice. The one for only office always tries to send me to its local IP address, even when im on a different internet connection such as at work, its local IP will show up in the address bar.

> mydomain.com {
> root /var/www
> gzip
> tls name@email.com
> }

> sub1.mydomain.com {
> gzip
> tls name@email.com
> proxy / 192.168.1.245:8866
> }

> sub2.mydomain.com {
> gzip
> tls name@email.com
> proxy / https://192.168.1.208:443
> transparent
> }

The server that works is actually my nextPVR backend (the first proxy listed), and it seems to work fine so far, although I haven't actually tried streaming any video yet. The second server is ONLYOFFICE and thats the one that keeps redirecting me to its local ip, even remotely. I do not understand whats wrong, this setup worked fine on my synology using nginx. However I dont know allot of the technical details because synology provides a GUI to interface with it.

I am new to this if you cant tell, but im learning pretty quick considering I didn't know what a reverse proxy was until a few weeks ago. Caddy seemed like the easiest option, especially considering its integration with letsencrypt. This issue is probably something simple that I overlooked, probably because I dont know what all the terminology means, despite having read the entire documentation section on how to use caddy.

Small Update:
Of course im still over here pulling my hair out...errr...I mean tinkering, and I have so far setup 4 of my servers, nextPVR, Synology DSM, unRAID, and ONLYOFFICE, and they all work except ONLYOFFICE...I do not understand. I know that onlyoffice is configured correctly because ive been using it for weeks just fine, in fact i was using it earlier today until I tried switching over to caddy, so I have a strong feeling that it has something to do with how caddy is handling something.
relink

Re: Onlyoffice redirecting to local IP with Caddy reverse pr

Postby Maxim » Mon May 15, 2017 8:08 am

Hello relink!
Unfortunately our developers didn't test OnlyOffice with Caddy reverse proxy.
Maxim

Postby relink » Mon May 15, 2017 10:49 am

relink

Postby Maxim » Mon May 15, 2017 12:40 pm

Hello relink!
Thank you for sharing your solution!
Maxim

Return to Web server configuration