Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Upgrade and Migrate[SOLVED - SOLUTION PROVIDED]

Update/Migration/Backup issues

Upgrade and Migrate[SOLVED - SOLUTION PROVIDED]

Postby Ipeek » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:50 pm

I've got an instance of TeamLab (6.0 maybe 6.5 not sure how to tell) and I need to move this install to a new server and upgrade it to 7.7.

I've spoken to Eugeine via email briefly about the situation. He has informed me that I just need to upgrade to 7.5 via the installer and then to 7.7 also via the installer. * If im running 6.0 I will upgrade to 6.5 > 7.5 > 7.7 *.

He has also stated that I do NOT need to do anything for the mysql database. I read somewhere in the upgrade pdf that I needed to run some script but he stated I do NOT.

The upgrade should be simple enough but I would like to know how to back it up before hand(I can mysqldump the DB no problem). I however have no idea what I need to "copy". I've tried to copy the "DATA" folder but to no avail. It just throws an I/O error when trying to zip it(maybe that's the problem).

Any guidance would be wonderful.

tl;dr

I need to know how to backup, upgrade and most importatly move the install to a new server.

Thanks,

Isaac.
Last edited by Ipeek on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ipeek

Re: Upgrade and Migrate

Postby Ipeek » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:16 pm

Well Its been some time and still no one has come to my aid.

So now i've got more questions that I don't expect to get answered.

I'm looking through the current TeamLab server I have assuming its version 6.5... HOW CAN I CONFIRM THIS?
I'm looking at the TeamLabSrv.exe.config and its says its using the core.db3(SqlLite) but I cant find those db files in the \service\ OR \data\ where the new install has them(also installed from source).....HOW CAN I CONFIRM WHAT WE'RE USING?

Also some up to date documentation would be WONDERFUL I've scoured the internet only finding OLD out dated documentation. It would be nice if you all had a working knowledgebase.

So again, If someone can please help me that would be WONDERFUL
Ipeek

Postby Dean » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:47 am

Please do the backup of the portal data and the folders Data and Web Studio (c:\ProgramData\TeamLab\TeamLab Office\).

You need to run the installation of version 7.5 on your installation. You can download it here:
ftp://teamlabuser:t3aMlabu$eR@ftp.teaml ... v7.5.2.exe

Then, please download and install the latest version 7.7 on 7.5. You can download it here:
http://www.onlyoffice.com/server.aspx
Dean

Postby Ipeek » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:39 pm

I'm still working on it and having little luck.

Lets for the time time being forget that I want to update it. Let me first get it off the current server and to a new one. Here is what i've got

Old server - Windows Server 2008 Enterprise(32bit)
New server - windows Server 2008 r2(64bit)

When I do an install from source(6.0.30525.src) I can get the site up with out a problem. Now when I try and use my backed up "Data" and "WebStudio" files I get the following:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code: Select all
Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'System.Data.SQLite' could not be loaded.
WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Stack Trace:
[BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.]
   System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +0
   System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +416
   System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +166
   System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +35
   System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +190

[ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.]
   System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +1149
   System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory() +323
   System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo ai) +116
   System.Web.Configuration.AssemblyInfo.get_AssemblyInternal() +36
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig) +212
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler..ctor(VirtualPath configPath, Boolean supportLocalization, String outputAssemblyName) +76
   System.Web.Compilation.CodeDirectoryCompiler.GetCodeDirectoryAssembly(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories, Boolean isDirectoryAllowed) +795
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectory(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories) +191
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +504

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.]
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ReportTopLevelCompilationException() +79
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +903
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallAppInitializeMethod() +25
   System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters) +1016

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +557
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +88
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +769
Ipeek

Postby Ipeek » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:59 pm

For anyone that might see this.

I have moved the OLD 6.0 install to a new server.

Here is how:

TeamLab server migration from source using Version 6.0 and SqlLite

In the instance that TeamLab needs to be moved from 1 Windows server to another the steps below should get it up and running for you.

First we need to determine what version of TeamLab is running and if it's using SqlLite or MySQL.

To determine these things we can check a few different places.

Version(This did NOT work for me) - Check your current teamlab install dir for the web.appsettings.config file located at:
c:\(teamlab-folder)\webstudio\web.appsettings.config

Once there you need to look for:
<add key=”web.install-url” value=”http://service.onlyoffice.com/install/email.ashx?v=77″ />

Te "v=77" means Version 7.7

If that does not work you will need to do some sleuthing and find the most recent downloaded versions and check them with the age of the files in the different TeamLab directories.(ie Service, webstudio) Just check the create dates.

Next we need to figure out if the current install is using MySql or SqlLite. To do so please check the following:

c:\(teamlab-folder)\Service\TeamLabSvc.exe.config

Look for the <connectionStrings> tag and at this line:
<add name="core" connectionString="Data Source=|DataDirectory|core.db3;Version=3;binaryGuid=false;FailIfMissing=True;Journal Mode=Persist;Pooling=True" providerName="System.Data.SQLite" />

If Data Source = |DataDirectory|core.db3, you're rocking some sqllite, other wise you should be using MySql.

As I used SqlLite that is what I will cover below.

Once we determine the version of TeamLab we need to download the source for that version. I'm writing this using 6.0 so I will notate the steps I took.

Old Server:
-Stop the TeamLab Service
-Copy the entire TeamLab directory(Data, Service, webstudio etc..)
-Move it to the new server.

New server:
-Move the copied TeamLab folders into a TeamLab directory(ie c:\teamlab)
-Go in and copy all of the below databases from their direcrtoy and store them in a safe place(ie a new folder on the Desktop)

teamlab\services\core.db3
teamlab\webstudio\App_data\WebStudio\webstatistic.db3
teamlab\webstudio\App_data\WebStudio\webstudio.db3
teamlab\Products\Community\Modules\Blogs\App_Data\ASC.Blogs.Data.db3
teamlab\Products\Community\Modules\Bookmarking\App_Data\BookmarkingDB\bookmarking.db3
teamlab\Products\Community\Modules\Forum\App_Data\ASC.Forums.Database.db3
teamlab\Products\Community\Modules\News\App_Data\feeds.db3
teamlab\Products\Community\Modules\PhotoManager\App_Data\images.db3
teamlab\Products\Community\Modules\Wiki\App_Data\wiki.db3
teamlab\Products\Projects\App_Data\ASC.Projects.db3
teamlab\Products\Files\App_Data\ASC.Files.db3
teamlab\Products\CRM\App_Data\CRM.db3
teamlab\addons\calendar\App_Data\Calendar.db3

-Go to the downloaded source zip file and unzip it somewhere(ie Desktop)
-Go to the the new source folder and look for:

teamlab.v6.x.xxxxxx.src\redistributable\asc

Here you should see 3 .bat files, go ahead and run "BuildAndDeploy". It could take a minute for it to compile and finish.

Once done navigate to:

teamlab.v6.x.xxxxxx.src\_ci\deploy\6.0\

It should have some dirs in it similar to "\Service\" "\webstudio\"

-Copy those directories to c:\(teamlab-dir)\ and Merge/Overwrite everything!
-Go back to where you copied the above database files and copy and overwrite them into the new dirs. (See the above locations, they're the same)

Now we have to set the site to run on port 80:

-Move to the TeamLab install service file and open TeamLabSvc.exe.config:
-c:\(teamlab-dir)\Service\TeamLabSvc.exe.config
-Look for <webServer port="8082" virtualPath="/" physicalPath="..\WebStudio"> and change "port=8082" to "port=80"
-Save and close.

Lastly we need to make TeamLab run as a service. Open a command prompt and enter the following command:

-sc create TeamLabPortal binPath= "с:\teamlab\service\TeamLabSvc.exe" start= auto

You should see "SUCCESS".

Now just go into the services window and start Teamlab. Navigate to it, check it out, assign the new IP to the appropriate DNS servers.

NOTE:
TeamLab Upgrade path is as follows:
6.0 > 6.5 > 7.5 > 7.7

Versions 7.5+ do NOT support SqlLite only MySQL.
Ipeek

Return to Upgrade